SE status prize in 75th anniversary contest

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tomh009, Mar 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So the 75th anniversary contest has 75 different prizes (including 750K aeroplan points as the top prize -- but fuel surcharges not included!), and it looks like all you need to do is fly AC at least once during the contest period. Additional flights don't appear to earn additional entries, alas.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/ac75/ac75.html

But check out the prize descriptions in the official rules, and especially that for the AC SE status prizes (six to be handed out):
    [​IMG]
    Earning the SE status sure seems like hard work at times, but I'm not sure I would have assigned it that high a value. Maybe by counting the cost of J fares equivalent to the eUpgrades?

2. Flews
    Original Member

Flews Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe SE is worth $10,000 because that's how much extra the average passenger has to spend every year on higher priced fares to qualify for earning SE status? :)

mevlannen likes this.
  3. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flews put it well. I daresay that SE status **does** provide at least $10,000 in added value to people who travel very frequently. I shall confess that I quite enjoy the existence of the 7-day upgrade window, especially when flying between coasts of North America. Trans-Pacific, perhaps not so much, as there my chances for upgrade at T-7 are generally dodgier.

YULtide likes this.