SE Asia Y award with Atlantic AND Pacific routings...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by eponymous_coward, Mar 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this remotely do-able with HUACA, or will it never ever happen, not in a million years?

I have enough US miles and nearly enough UA miles (plus some AS miles to bridge anything else :)) to get me and my daughter somewhere warm for Christmas in Y, and it turns out that HKG/BKK/DPS are easier to get to on miles than CUN, GCM or PVR.

Plus I could actually squeeze CDG in as well. (This requires the UA booking be round trip, with a stopover.)

:confused:

Yeah.

And yes, I know, it's Y. If I come upon a brace of miles between now and when I book, I'll change accordingly.

Also, is booking a minor on one set of miles in one program and me on another going to be a huge bucket of FAIL, or do-able?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Separate bookings means different rules so that could be a bit of a challenge to coordinate. Other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As for getting the stopover with TATL and TPAC on UA I'd probably try to book that one first and see if the agents will cooperate. Or book the shell online without the stopover first if the website will do it then add the stopover. Means finding inventory on more days but could help in the long run.

3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, it's a US booking, so "rules" is a bit of a strong word to use. ;)

Thanks.

Wandering Aramean likes this.