SDC fee for Gold companion on same PNR?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by petzpetz, Feb 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. petzpetz

petzpetz Silver Member

I'm a fresh Premier Executive and I will be flying FLL(-ORD)-EWR-BOS on CO metal/UA G fare ticket on Feb 28. I'm flying with my girlfriend who is on the same PNR and who has no status with UA/CO.

Now, I would like to avoid the ORD detour and I was wondering if I can call CO (or UA?) to change into a later non-detour flight FLL-EWR-BOS on the same day without fee using my Premier Executive status. I'm especially interested if we would have to pay the $75 fee for my girlfriend or if that would be free for her as well.

Any help is appreciated!
  2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Same Day Change with a change in routing or connection city is only available at the airport. The rule doesn't indicate if it must be done on the day of travel, or if it can be at any time prior to travel. Anyone know?

The fee is waived for companions on the same PNR as Gold, 1P, Plat, 1K, GS, PP. Also, the later flight must still be depart within 3 hours of your originally scheduled flight out of FLL.
    Also, congrats on your fresh 1P status! Does that translate to Gold or Plat in the new world?