Scuba Diving Around the World

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by merice107, Sep 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I figured that in a forum full of travelers, there have to be some people who have gone on some great scuba dives. I've done French Polynesia and Hawaii. I did the Cathedrals dive in Lanaii and Molokini. In Bora Bora the visibility was unbelievable. Anyone have some great dives that they have been on?

This winter I'm planning on going to the North end of Molokai and doing a dive with a school of hammerhead sharks.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. dbeedle

dbeedle Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like you have a couple pages out of my log book! A beautiful place Bora Bora! The Cathedrals and Molokini we nice too! My most recent dive trip was to Isle Royale, Lake Superior; excellent wreck diving but cold water. If warmer is better, before that was the Red Sea. Bonaire was also a great place to dive like there's no tomorrow...the only place I've been that has drive up air stations!

marcwint55 and merice107 like this.
  3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great dive choices! I did a Lake Michigan dive this summer and it was too cold for me. Other than the wreck there wasn't much either. I like the marine life. I was in Aruba about 5 years ago but I was not certified at the time, I always wish I would have been. The next two big trips my wife and I are doing are the Maldives and Thailand. I plan on doing some great diving at each!

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Grand Cayman, Belize ( the blue hole), St. Lucia ( fantastic drift dive), Curacao, Cuba (Veradero Beach) are great dives. I didn't care for Bermuda (very rough conditions) or Puerto Rico (very cloudy). Most caribbean dives are fun for me as the water is quite warm.

merice107 likes this.
  5. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is on my diving bucket list along with the Mediterranean, Red Sea, and a great white dive.

6. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What dive operator did you use for these? I used Lahaina Divers for Molokini and Extended Horizons for Lanai. Lahaina Divers was good. I LOVED Extended Horizons. I'll be doing Lani with Lahaina Divers this winter.

7. dbeedle

dbeedle Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went with Maui Dive Shop for Molokini. We did Turtle Town as well. I also used Extended Horizons for the Cathedrals/Lanai. Both groups did a good job for me and would recommend both.

merice107 likes this.