Scrolling Automatically While Typing

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Canarsie, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not know if anyone else is experiencing this issue, but if I am typing to post something on milepoint.com and the text goes beyond the bottom boundary of the browser window, the browser will not automatically scroll to where the blinking cursor is active. I must use the scroll bar to see what I am typing.

If this was brought up elsewhere, please accept my apologies. Has anyone else experienced this minor annoyance?

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Testing it...
    ab
    cd
    ef
    gh
    ij
    kl
    mn

Ok, that scrolled. Or rather, the window would get bigger each time I hit a carriage return. Now to test it by just typing past the end of a line, to see if it works without a carriage return. (Canarsie, you're too young to understand the real meaning of "carriage return".

I also tried making my browser window smaller, so that I'm hitting the bottom of the window, and it does automatically open up and scroll down.

3. oklAAhoma
    Original Member

oklAAhoma Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't noticed this problem, but my screen has jumped to a different page several times while I was typing. I'm not sure what I inadvertently did, but it's really annoying.

gemac likes this.
  4. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had this problem on both Macintosh and PC computers, but I will test it again when I have a chance.
    If you are referring to that silver metal bar at the top of a typewriter that extended out which one would pull in order to —

...on second thought, you are correct. I am too young to understand the real meaning of a carriage return...

5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I havent had the typing issue, but occasionally my screen jumps to an ad page who's banner was on the page once I hit "post reply".

6. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am still having this issue in both Macintosh system 10.6.6 and Windows XP.

I do not understand why I am experiencing this annoyance...

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had this issue for the first time this morning, on a 12" laptop, screen rez 1440 x 900, WinXP and Firefox.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm having this problem using Windows XP on a laptop PC with Chrome as my browser. It's very annoying and has tended to discourage me from entering some longer informative posts at the moment. I hope it can be fixed soon.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME the problem is that the text box in which you are typing is behind the chat bar at the bottom of the screen. I minimize the chat bar and then I see the bottom row of the text box and things scroll appropriately.

Mikel and kiwi like this.