Scott the Flyer has left us...

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Canadi>n, Nov 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those of us who have been around since the earliest of days of TOBB will have known Scott the Flyer (Scott Guy). Many of us have shared time with him on trips or other occasions like the legendary CatmanDos. I received a message tonight that Scott succumbed to his battle with cancer last night at his home in Milpitas CA. He went into remission two weeks ago after almost two years of normalcy following a series of chemo treatments. RIP big man! And have a pint up there with Newself.

2. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Scott was among first flyers that we ever met. Way back, even before the original Part in Paradise, Rudi came to have dinner with us in Seattle. The next day the three of us flew down to SFO and had dinner with Scott, Baze, dgolds, Johna (R.I.P.), and Karen2, along with some of their partners. Tomorrow I will see if I can find some of those old pictures and post them.

Farewell, Scott. R.I.P.

3. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know him, but I'm so sorry. I don't work that far from Milpitas.

4. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Scott was a good guy. I had dinner with him and a few others 3 years ago. My first dinner with him was about 10 years ago. May he rest in peace.

5. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know him, but I'm very sorry to read this news.

6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I attended the Memorial service for Scott. Here are my notes.

There must have been 50 people attending. A few people spoke, including Jim aka BAZE on Flyertalk. It was Scott that brought Jim to Flyertalk back in the old days. Let me see if I can describe it. A nice room in a parklike setting. A video presentation with photo montage of Scotts life. There were several photo boards on easels throughout the room. Plenty of talk of how much Scott loved his family... and his friends. He was a special person.

After the speaking was over, there was a nice decorative box filled with assorted cigars, some Cubans + Guinness. Lots of smoking going on outside on this beautiful sunny day. Scott loved his cigars and Guinness.

Around noon we went back inside for a nicely prepared buffet lunch of salad, pasta, fruit and chicken cutlet (which was delicious by NY standards).