Schedule changes

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by WilliamQ, Aug 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it our responsibility to track schedule changes especially if it might result in a missing a connecting flight?

I have two back-to-back International trips in October and as such was making an extra effort to monitor these flights closely.

Yesterday, I noticed that my one of my original segment had been re-scheduled for a 45 minutes delay leaving me only 28 minutes to connect to an international leg which then connects to yet another international leg.

Connecting airport is MSP but 28 minutes is no joke.

Called in and changed the offending flight (0845hrs) to the earlier flight (0645hrs) and there is now plenty of connection time. (Any SC in MSP)

Just glad I caught the error as any issues with this trip will destroy the trip following immediately after.

I thought there would be heads up from Delta to help prevent these?

The staff on the line immediately see my issue and was helpful in all ways but if I had not catch this, I would have been in a world of grief and .... anger.

Additionally, the trip was booked through my corporate agent. They failed to inform me either.

DiverDave likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yikes...

I'm glad you caught it but yes airlines are supposed to notify passengers of schedule changes. Since you booked it through a TA (Corporate) it was their responsibility to notify you of any changes made.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two clubs, and plenty of shopping. Check out the airside wine store...

WilliamQ and Flyer1976 like this.
  4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent! I should be able to get in as Delta Gold on a connecting international flight right? :)

5. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get in to the sky club? I have no idea (I went straight to DM). I think if you're departing msp for an international location, yes.

I'm sure the wine store will let you in, though.

WilliamQ likes this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup. MSP to NRT. As international as it gets.

7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also to update the TA did contact me eventually. She was giving Delta time to "settle" their changes before calling to see what is acceptable for me. In this case, nothing else needed as I already changed the offending flight myself. Still, good to know that the corporate TA is monitoring the flights.