Schedule changes loaded?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by milepig, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the dreaded "schedule change" phone call from HAL this morning. Turned out to be that a trip with split UA and CO segments had changes on the CO portions. Turned out to just be flight number changes, not times. Check those itins!

Now - if we could only get them to understand that wasting MY time and THEIR's by making me call to confirm nothing more than a change in flight number is really idiotic...

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least they called. I so rarely get updates when my CO itineraries change, and not much better on the UA side either. I make a habit of checking all my itins every week.

3. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The fall cuts has already been loaded in the system, so if your flights are fine and then chances of your flight being cut is pretty low... However, there is always the possibility of a slight tweak in flight times, but I wouldn't expect any drastic change on any routes for the remainder of 2011....

4. yunicorner
    Original Member

yunicorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an email about a flight number change. No phone call.

5. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ack! I went to check but it looks like united.com is super slow and ocassionally unavailable.

6. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its been a while, welcome back :D

7. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, just like old times. I noticed you're still griping about paying for Khalua in the RCC... ;)

Golfingboy likes this.
  8. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As always... I just hope that Kahlua will be free in the United Club since I ain't payin' $7.50 for a liquor that costs $14 a bottle ;)

To add insult to injury, the RCC closes at 11pm while the PC closes at 12:45am, so I will have to schlep around T6 for a bit...

9. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why is it that I always get a schedule change during travel waivers so I either have to wait on hold for 30 minutes, or wait a week to change my seat?

I have a feeling that UA knews that I wanted to change my seat, so they changed my flight times by 4 minutes just so I couldn't.

EX-LAX likes this.
  10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most of my flights changed by 3-5 minutes and renumbered as well...

11. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL.... I thought it was just me UA did that to
    Friday went to change seats and yep, frozen with the "schedule change" noticed. Looked and two flights were changed by 8 minutes which of course caused me to burn 8 minutes calling the 1K line to un-freeze reservation...
    Oh well, life is still good:)
    John

EX-LAX likes this.
  12. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an email and NO changes at all. None. Zip. Nada. Zero.

Maybe they are alerting us to prospective tail number changes?

13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Time to stop chasing tail eh?

EX-LAX, yaychemistry and avflyer like this.
  14. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    No notice at all but was checking to see if my SWU's had cleared yet on SFO-LIH flt & saw that I had both time & flt# changes...all UA metal but when I called 1KDesk, said there would be "lots" of flt# changes as they moved forward with integration between UA&CO. Will be real nice when they finally have that "accept changes" button installed online! Now that's a change I am looking forward to!

yaychemistry likes this.
  15. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Queue the rim shot.

16. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least you get to use the 1K line... The system told me it was a 20 minute wait (after it took 3 tries to actually locate my reservation...) so I just hung up. Any clue if UDU will go through correctly if you haven't confirmed the schedule change?

17. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really-really hope the merged airlines go with a "domestic" call center for ALL UA customers. It's one of my biggest perks to call the 1K line and talk to someone who knows something and not reading off a script (most 1K agents really know their stuff).
    I do not know for sure about UDU's not going through without a confirm, but my gut says no. Best to take 20 minutes (or more....) and get the res cleared up so that wouldn't screw up any UG's.
    Good luck,
    John

18. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I noticed a interesting schedule change last week for a trip in a couple months -- Was CO Outbound and UA on the return. Checked out my CO itinerary and noticed I couldn't retrieve a seat map for a UA flight MCO-ORD. So for fun, went over to UA.com and noticed there was no more flight segment MCO-ORD. Totally gone -- but the UAx flight back to BOS was still there.

Called CO, apparently the MCO-ORD changed from UA flight + UA Metal to a CO flight and CO metal. The CO itin had the old non-existent flight and UA had nothing. It took the agent about 10 minutes chatting with UA to get the itinerary back in order.

The agent was very helpful and apologized for the issue, but these issues are going to keep creeping up until they merge the reservations systems I think. I'm just glad I'm eagle eyed on my itineraries.

19. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Schedule change for goalie-parents was only a flight number with all else remaining the same and oh, how I wish for a simple thing like "where this is only a flight number change and does not affect flight times, we have accepted the change on your behalf" as it's a waste of time to call over something like this.

EX-LAX likes this.
  20. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    What ticks me off is that when one gets these flight # or 1 min changes, your UDU time on the upgrade list also gets reset to the time that you acknowledge the change, after being required to call to clean up your record. A ticket purchased 11 months out can have a UDU with a new time on the list a few weeks out and you placement is governed by who has the quickest fingers on their phone. This factor only comes into play for tie breakers, but it is still aggravating.

yaychemistry likes this.
  21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    But on the plus side, we MilePointers have a significant advantage over those flyers who aren't quite as obsessed with monitoring their itins and may not call in right away. In other words, you might leapfrog them on the list to your advantage.

That doesn't mean that I think it's fair and the right way for UA to do this.

yaychemistry and EX-LAX like this.
  22. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    True, very true!!!
    Question---Would checking my itineraries at least 7 to 8 times per day be considered obsessive?

23. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    In all honesty... yes, I think that's obsessive. But there are worse things you could be doing :D

EX-LAX and Flyer1976 like this.
  24. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I keep checking for my SWUs to clear and for NC space at least that much when I have an upcoming trip...

25. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    I quit doing that when I needed glasses!