Schedule changes loaded this weekend, check your upcoming reservations

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TheBeerHunter, Apr 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    ALL of our future trips had schedule changes loaded this weekend, most of which resulted in our original upgrade requests being lost. Easily fixed, but this is a heads up to check your upcoming trips for sked changes!!

Eloy Fonseca Neto likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Beware of yet another glitch that I was made aware of recently. When you see this message
    it does not necessarily mean that an actual schedule change occurred. The first time that the message appeared, I called UA as requested and I asked what had changed.The answer was that nothing had changed. The message appeared because I had an upgrade that had cleared...okay...? Then it happened again, and for the same reason (each incident coincided with my receiving a seat upgrade email notice)! I was going to ignore it this second time but then it would not let me select a seat even though the upgrade had cleared. So, I called CS again, and sure enough the so-called schedule change flag was thrown simply because an upgrade had cleared. I asked the CSR if she did not see anything strange with this behavior -- schedule change messaging when an upgrade clears, requiring the passenger to call. She said that it was something "new", but I told her that it could not be something new because it made no sense to require passengers to call CS simply because an upgrade cleared. Did she realize how many calls they would have to answer daily simply because upgrades have cleared? She insisted that this was a new "feature", so I asked to speak with the supervisor, who quickly acknowledged that it was a bug...

So, if you receive a schedule change message as in the above, it simply might mean that you had a pending upgrade that cleared. Then again, this was last week and it might have been fixed by now.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    So are you saying we should assume this bug happens on AA, too? Or that this has happened to you on an AA reservation? Or did you think this was in the UA forum?

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I seems that it is not only AA that has been having problems. I had indeed thought that this was a UA forum, but the response still fit in seamlessly....:D

perryplatypus and TheBeerHunter like this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's Sunday, no worries. :D

TheBeerHunter and NYCUA1K like this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I just woke up from a nap too... I thought about moving the post over to a UA forum but I think I will spare them the report of yet another post-merger glitch...;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  7. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up!