schedule changes and confirmed RPUs

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by crammer, Jul 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. crammer

crammer Active Member

Status Points:
    Here's the situation: Original itinerary was EWR-IAH-SJC on an S fare, RPU applied, confirmed in R on both legs. During the latest round of schedule changes, the late IAH-SJC flight disappeared off the schedule, so the auto-rebooker simply moved me to the next earlier IAH-SJC flight. The new IAH-SJC segment is booked in R, which is good. My original EWR-IAH flight was left alone, which, while still in R, arrives at IAH after the new IAH-SJC flight departs, which is bad.

My questions are: Because all of the earlier EWR-IAH flights are devoid of confirmable R space right now, if I call to resolve the schedule change and suggest an earlier EWR-IAH flight, will R be offered on the new EWR-IAH leg, or will I be back in my original booking class (S) and be waitlisted for R?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not believe they are obligated to force the upgrade through on the new feeder flight. A good CSR might offer that to you or at least try to when you call to confirm the new booking but no guarantees.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That has been my experience in a similar situation. The CSR did her best to try to find me a comparable feeder flight, and, lucky for me, she was able to find one with R space availability, but nothing is guaranteed...

Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. crammer

crammer Active Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that's what I suspected. I already looked at a bunch of other feeder flights and none of them had R>0.

I asked the question because on the pre-merger UA, the S*UAL/SCHEDULE CHANGE profile stated that service directors could open up NC or NF for upgraded passengers affected by a schedule change on domestic flights, but I guess that has changed.

I think I'll leave the reservation as is for now, and wait a bit to see if anything better opens up, unless other ideas emerge.