Schedule Change Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by LAM, Jan 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

I received notification that my inbound flight to ATL from DUB would arrive 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I have no problems with leaving DUB 30 minutes earlier. The additional 30 minutes will make my layover in ATL over 3 hrs. Because of the schedule change does Delta owe me the option (at no cost) to move up by1 hour my connecting flight to DCA? I should have booked the hour earlier flight when I bought the ticket but I forgot I would not have to go through immigration/customs in ATL because I would do it in DUB. That was my mistake so if I have to take the original connection I am fine with that but it would be nice to get home an hour earlier as I am going to try to make it to work the next day. (Usually jet lag hits me pretty bad coming west and I take the day after I land off if it is a work day.)
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Call and ask. Explain that the earlier arrival time now makes the earlier connection feasible and you would have booked that the first time around had the long-haul been earlier when you made the booking.

I recently had a schedule change on a UA flight which required changing an ITH-EWR segment. That was necessary because the later EWR-ITH-EWR turn moved ~2 hours later in the day and now the ITH-EWR part of it caused a misconnect. But the new EWR-ITH timing was MUCH better for the return flight (2 hours instead of 8 at EWR). When fixing the initial flight I asked to fix the return as well. No problem at all.
    timfrost and Counsellor like this.