Schedule Change: How much can I get out of this?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Up&Away, Apr 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently found out that my AUS-DFW-MCO flight next month had a schedule change. Connection time in DFW went from 8:15a-9:45a to 8:15a-9:25a. Normally this would be a good thing and I wouldn't look further. However, I stumbled upon an ACT-DFW-MCO flight with better times that I would much rather have - for $40 less/ticket than I paid for the AUS flight. (ACT is hometown airport, very small so easy to get through, no parking fees, etc.) Is there any chance of leveraging the schedule change to change flights to ACT? This is all booked in Q.

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Since it is only a 20 minute change, you are out of luck in trying to get things changed - unless, of course, you are VERY LUCKY in getting a cooperative agent. I know my wife and I have had a couple of schedule changes on a flight to Hawaii (LAX - HNL - KOA) with the HNL - KOA being HA codeshare, and since the change was not over 2 hours they would not make a change to a better connection.

rwoman, TheBeerHunter and Up&Away like this.
  3. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I knew it wasn't much, but since I've found these other flights I thought I'd ask if there was any chance of changing.

4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    It certainly won't hurt to ask -- just expect nothing, and don't push it if they say no :)

rwoman likes this.
  5. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might have better luck putting the ACT-DFW-MCO flights on hold, and seeing if they will cancel the AUS-DFW-MCO flights outright.

6. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    What you can get out of this is 20 extra minutes in DFW.

rwoman and TheBeerHunter like this.