Scavenger hunt free night certificate

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by loudnotes, Jan 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. loudnotes

loudnotes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did anyone else win one of these (thanks TPG!) and redeem it already? I'm planning to use it at the Rome Cavalieri, but I don't want to get stuck with a EUR 560/night bill in a country where I don't speak the language if something goes awry. Other than booking a standard, non-prepaid rate, anything I should know?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    To start, read the T&C very carefully and then read them again. I would call to make the reservation and ask the agent to document the cert that you will be using, and then get a written confirmation on which this is documented. If there's a problem, show the confirmation and then call the call center.

3. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    As long as you are booked on a flexible, best available rate, then there will be no issue for the 1 night. I already know one person who has used one of the certificates earned at the London event at that very hotel and he had no problem with them processing it at check-in.

Also, the staff at the property speak excellent English, so you'll have no problem with language difficulties with them.

loudnotes likes this.
  4. slice19
    Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know that the Rome Cavalieri is an amazing property with perfect views over Rome at sunset. Good choice, but other than that I can't really help.