SC in JFK after BusinessElite leg

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by hpc, Feb 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. hpc

hpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all you FFs,

I am flying ATL-JFK-CDG on Saturday, and got an medallion upgrade on the ATL-JFK leg to Business. It's a 767 with BusinessElite (says the seatmap) and I have an international connection at JFK to Paris.
    My question is: will I have access to the SC in JFK during my 3 hour layover?

I know that transcontinental BusinessElite gives access, but what about a BusinessElite ATL-JFK ticket together with an international connection?

Delta.com says 'Transcontinental BusinessElite' or 'Delta BusinessElite or Skyteam premium cabin' (NOTHING about international).

Can anyone of your experienced FFs enlighten me, please ;)

Thanks in advance!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint hpc!

What level medallion member are you? If you are Gold, Platinum or Diamond you would have access in JFK since you are connecting to an international flight and are a SkyTeam Elite Plus member.

There is no lounge access for domestic flights except for JFK-West Coast flights. ATL-JFK even in BusinessElite would not warrant access.

Hope this helps!

3. hpc

hpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your reply!
    Yeah, I know the gold (and higher) benefit of the lounge access, But unfortunately I'm only a silver member, so I guess I'll have to live without the SC access ;) I just wasn't sure if the BE ticket would give me access together with the international connection, because Delta writes 'Delta BusinessElite passenger' and NOT 'International Delta BusinessElite passenger' ;)

I will just enjoy me complementary upgrade to BE, and be happy for that FANTASTIC benefit ;)

But thanks, again!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that what you have is an upgrade to the front cabin which is exactly like domestic FC in seating, F&B, service, etc. but is marketed as business because the flight number is the same as a genuine international flight with BE. You might get lucky and have an international aircraft that's being repositioned, but please adjust your expectations.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  5. dldmfll

dldmfll Member

Status Points:
    If the 767 has 5 rows in the forward cabin, it will be a domestic first config; if there are 6 rows, it will be BE--good luck.

6. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's not always true. There are Business Elite 767 Cabins with 5 rows of seats in the forward cabin...

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's a 767-400 or one of the redone 767-300s with staggered flat bed seats, it will be true BE seating and quite nice. However, it we're talking about the horrid old 767-300s, the OP should not have high expectations regardless of whether it's considered to be an international configuration or not. I hate those planes.

ryandc99 and monitor like this.
  8. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1.

9. hpc

hpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all your comments :)
    It was a 767-300 with 6 rows i the Business cabin. Luckily for me the plane was continuing to Venice after the stop in JFK, so it was in fact an international aircraft and therefore with a real BE cabin. So it was a very nice flight.

Regarding the Sky Club access in JFK, I didn't even tried based on your comments - I went straight to the gate and enjoyed the look of the A380 I was going to board a little later :)

But again, thanks for all your comments!

Oh, and BTW - the flight was Delta 86 ATL-JFK-VCE - so if you expect to get at upgrade on flight between ATL-JFK this flight has a genuine Business Elite cabin :)