Saver award inventory

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by lili, Jul 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Get the most access to Saver Award seats—we reserve a special inventory exclusively for 1K members."

If I'm logged in as a 1K do I see this special inventory or is there something I have to do?

2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you will see this inventory automatically. If you are in expert mode, it also shows up as a separate bucket when you are checking a specific flight for awards. Note that it is only for economy seats.

sobore and lili like this.
  3. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could also status match to CO Plat and try booking CO flights if those are an option for your schedule. CO Plats get extra Saver Coach (Fare Class: XN) and Saver First/BusinessFirst (Fare Class: O) availability.

4. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point Cuse44. I have status matched, just never think of CO because I don't understand them as well as UA (even if the are "the same.")

So, CO has First Saver Pass Awards for 25,000 miles for both directions, UA had first for 50,000 miles outbound, 25,000 return. Problem was CO flight times in and out of were inconvenient (depart 6 am, three days later arriive back at midnight, home is an hour from the airport and the older driver doesn't/shouldn't drive after dark). UA will have him leaving home at 9 am, returning at 2 pm.

But I'm going to try to remember to check CO in the future.Thanks!

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The extra coach saver award inventory is the NY bucket.