Save on JFK parking? Be careful!

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by bigx0, Dec 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://7online.com/automotive/the-investigators-jfk-airport-parking-nightmare/270638/

"A man left his car in a long-term parking near John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens, only to return to find it damaged and with thousands of extra miles..."

Sure, parking is pretty difficult around most airports but I'd say the NYC area is one of the most frustrating. I once returned to find my hood open at a long-term lot near LGA. Nothing seemed to be missing and the car started but very weird!

LIH Prem and Newscience like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's why at ORD I like Park-n-jet. Small private lot, fenced in, no public access.

3. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isolated? One-off? If it was a trend, we'd be reading stories daily.

viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't doubt it... that area is littered with all of these parking lots that look like they would take off with your car as soon as you leave it.

But to a lot of people what matters is the price... and they see what looks like a genuine sign indicating the place has insurance or whatever and they feel good about saving a couple of bucks. For me the choices are park at the airport and take my keys, park at a hotel with a park & fly rate and take my keys or park at a major chain like The Parking Spot.

bigx0 likes this.
  5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    just looking at the pictures of the place, would you leave your car there?

-David

viguera likes this.
  6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    David, All the parking places at JFK have chain link fences. Short term parkers can park for free on the street in Howard Beach, and take the Air Train ($10.00 R/T) to the terminal. Sometimes a limo/uber from home to airport can cost the same/less than parking at a long term lot. YMMV.

7. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not the chain link fence, it's the entire thing, Dan.

I wouldn't park there. And if I parked in Howard Beach at least i know what I'd be getting for my "money".

-David

viguera and dhammer53 like this.