Savannah Georgia trip questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by free67spirit, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello friends it has been a while since I posted. I actually became quite disillusioned after going to a FTU in Washington and have been hovering in the background. Its not a big deal but this is the place where folks are super kind and very giving and I would like to ask your thought about a trip I am taking this weekend. My husband and I are celebrating 23 years of marriage and we are going to Savannah. We have been once and are familiar with a lot. Can anyone recommend a day spa. I have booked one but it does not seem to have lockers/showers or supply you with blow dryers so you can get ready when it is time to leave. I see the Westin has a spa and I am not sure if you can go if you do not stay there. I will call them and ask but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flyer1976, Sweet Willie and iolaire like this.
  2. beevesdoopie

beevesdoopie Active Member

Status Points:
    I would recommend driving a little more to Hilton Head Island and stay at any of the resorts. I stayed at Marriott Spa & Resort, it was right by the beach and was super nice. My 2 year old, my wife we all enjoyed the trip!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    of course this spa may be different but every spa located in a hotel has been more than happy to provide service to myself & Mrs Willie, even when not staying at said hotel. (whether spa is operated by the hotel or 3rd party)

So fear not on calling the Westin spa, I'd be VERY surprised they wouldn't take you in.

Another hotel spa: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...ence-inn-savannah-downtown-historic-district/

the two are very different type of places, pros/cons to each. I'm much more a Savannah type guy.

satman40 and MX like this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at Hilton Head, nice place, we drove to Savannah to have a good time, and go shopping both are great places...

5. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for info. We ended up going to the Westin Spa. Nice place but definitely the set up was not relaxing. The room where you relax before your massage was grand central station. NOT relaxing at all. And then after the massage we wanted to eat and instead of bringing us to another room they brought out theses wooden side tables(the ones you get at walmart for 10 bucks and a table cloth) in the relaxation room where everybody could watch and hear us chew.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bummer... I'm not really a fan of these kind of SPAs.