Saudi tries to break in to AA flight from NYC to IND

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The slightly concerning part here is that they let him go. I think keeping him a day or 2 may have given them more time to find out why he would try to break in to cockpit

Story

More detailed version

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't help but wonder if, Fox in this instance, is sensationalizing a possible story. I completely understand that many recent terrorists have come from the Middle East, Africa, Asia, etc...but that does not mean this guy was a terrorist. I do agree it looks odd, but I'm not sure we know the whole story.

Writing notes in Arabic certainly is not a crime. I have a colleague who writes in Urdu and Arabic all the time, be it at his desk, on a plane or wherever....yet nobody would probably be think twice of him as he's white, blonde haired, and 6'6" tall if he were to wander around a plane.

3. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe he was looking for the bathroom...still scary stuff though

4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    You never know, I guess...there was a story on the FT DL forum about a guy who got a little too drunk AMS-DTW...FAMs ended up dealing with the situation...very crazy...:confused:

5. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about giving the gentleman the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping to conclusions based on his national origin.