SAS Youth fares, now available outside Scandinavia

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by SK2868, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Can I book these youth fares even if I don't live in Sweden, Denmark or Norway?

3. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see why not, i just think your travel have to originate from one of the scandinavian countries.

4. That's what I was thinking too but I just wanted to make sure that I don't encounter any problems at the airport if I decide to book one of these. Thanks Captainfire!

5. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems like this only applies to pax originating from Scandinavia... Sorry about not mentioning that earlier... But you could always buy a one-way ticket back home to HEL if traveling to Scandinavia. :)

6. OslJW

OslJW Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know what class theese will book in? Is it V as earlier? Great way to get miles if that is the case..

7. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Loved the youth tickets with the cheapo fixed prices as I rarely book more than 3 days ahead. Of course they come with this when I just turned 26 )%&)#""!#(=

8. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last time I flew Youth fare, it was V... But with V class you only get 25% miles now... Not 100% like earlier. I think they changed it in '09.

9. KF's youth fare also books into V but at leats they give 100% points and that is nice. [​IMG]

SK2868 likes this.
  10. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the "Scandinavian" DO starts out in HEL, I'll definately book a youth ticket with KF! Thanks for the tip! ;)

11. Captainfire
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Do european flights give 100% also? I've always upgraded the international sectors. I thought it was 100 domestic/25 international. They had 100 for all in the beginning, but didn't they change it after awhile?

12. The official rule is that only domestic routes give 100% but I've noticed that this rule seems to apply also for ARN/CPH/OSL/GOT/TLL routes. :cool: Unfortunately I haven't flown other routes lately with the youth fare.

13. Captainfire
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info! I'm probably going to LHR mid april on a youthfare, so we'll find out.

TuomasEBG likes this.