SAS to redo longhaul Business Class

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by tommy777, Jul 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Folks

It has been covered in another thread that SAS recently acquired 12 new longhaul aircraft, delivery starts in 2015, while the A350 deliveries start in 2018.

But SAS also announced that they are replacing the current Lufthansa style slanted business class seat on 7 of their 12 long haul aircraft before 2015, but it doesn´t seem like they´ve decided what they will be replaced by.

Here´s a picture I saw SAS post on their Facebook page

[​IMG]

These staggered seats are great on airlines like LX, but on Thai and definitely Delta, they are as narrow as a coach seat and I find them both very uncomfortable, but the picture of the seat look more like the Swiss version

I´d love to something along the lines of the new AA seat, but I bet that´s just too much to ask for

[​IMG]

Or maybe something along the lines of the new Lufthansa seat. I find it not so private, but very comfortable
    [​IMG]

The United exCO BusinessFirst seat is one of my favorites across the pond. It´s easy to sleep in, very comfortable and has some privacy. United lacks a mattress, PJs etc. though

[​IMG]

What do you think the SAS management should pick? We´ll be meeting them in September at the Nordic Do and I´d love some feedback in this thread

MX and uggboy like this.
  2. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't know if it's too much to ask for but direct aisle access for all passengers would be on my list. The AA seats look fine if you're alone and likewise the LH seats if you're a travelling couple. But the other way around?

tommy777 likes this.
  3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    The staggered seat SAS posted on facebook (the first picture in this post) and the AA seat (second picture) will be the only options with all aisle access

Fredrik likes this.
  4. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it was only about me(and I usually travel alone) then I'd go for something like the AA seats. I can see why that would be too much to ask for but if we don't say what we think then how could we ever expect SAS to give us what we want. I do understand that they are unlikely to be the market leader but I want to raise the bar enough to make them competitive on the free market...