SAS dumps Business Class

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by sobore, Mar 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://theforeigner.no/pages/news/sas-dumps-business-class/

Scandinavian Airlines says is to phase out European Business Class travel in its drive for competitiveness.

As a standardisation procedure, the carrier will offer passengers the same food grade whichever seat they are sitting in, also in Scandinavia.
    The new on board meals on wheels service will be called ‘Café’.

“Traditional airline food will be replaced, and a new range will be offered to all customers on board,” Rickard Gustafson, CEO and Group President of SAS, says in a statement.

Although the airline may be saying nuts to the frilly napkins, higher-standard china, and perhaps the refreshing hand towel, they explain two new service concepts will be introduced.

These will be called ‘SAS Go’ and ‘SAS Plus’. According to them, these will be for passengers “who want to have a lot” and customers “who want to have more”, respectively. There are no finer details about this for now.

“We want to make travelling easier for our customers. And this includes SAS Go and SAS Plus. For SAS simplicity is when customers receive exactly what they need. When we were developing this new concept, we based our work on our customer needs rather than on industry standards,” explains Rickard Gustafson

Read More: http://theforeigner.no/pages/news/sas-dumps-business-class/

uggboy, MX and milchap like this.
  2. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    Intra-European business class isn't very good but it's still weird they decide to get rid of it.

I also don't like the new names. SAS Go is Economy and SAS Plus is Economy Extra with a few changes on the ground.

3. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    While the names might be unappropriate, I do think that this might be a financially wise move

MX likes this.
  4. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    It could be true but when it comes to SK I'm a bit skeptical. I hope they manage to do things right this time.

OY-JFS and sobore like this.
  5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    If we are talking about the elements of comfort and relaxation, then "business" would be the least appropriate name for it. We're just used to it, and forget how ridiculous it sounds. :)

6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another change. I guess they haven't found a way to survive yet.