Review Saratoga Hilton | New York

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by dmc730, Mar 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Saratoga Hilton is located at the North End Of Broadway and is convenient walking distance located for downtown and Caroline Street. It is located in the City Center (convention center)

Recognized as diamond at check in. Was upgraded to a suite and received a coupon for either continental breakfast in the restaurant or to grab something in the gift shop. I chose gift shop because i was in a hurry and they had a nice assortment of muffins, pastries bagels along with coffee tea water juice. Can't comment on the restaurant.

The suite was nice. It had a sitting area with sofa and two chairs and a small kitchen type area. The kitchen "type' area had a counter fridge and microwave and a sink. I went to get water from the sink and it was cloudy. The water from the bathroom was clear so...... bottled water for me.

The view was of the roof of the main building and the Hampton on Lake ave with the great balconies.

Parking was a pain. There are 2-3 spots in front for check in. But you need to then drive around back to park. The parking was free (i think because of status but maybe for hotel guests it is always free) but it had a gate that you needed a room key for. If you went to the back to park before check in as I did, it was a long walk to the check in desk to get a key and then back. Then even further to the parking lot. When you leave remember your room key because you need it to get out.

Overall nice hotel but the views weren't great and the parking is a Mr Bean sketch waiting to happen

traveltoomuch likes this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I remember terrible service in the restaurant and the hotel feeling very old -- the rooms have relatively small windows and they have older under-the-window air conditioners. But it was passable -- standard Hilton bedding, etc. The website shows the current parking charge as $10.

There's a Hampton within a stone's throw with free parking that may be a better choice.

dmc730 likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    to clarify, is this Saratoga NY ??

4. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes it is

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The room was fine and the windows were fine. Maybe they redid it or maybe it was the suite upgrade. I have stayed at the Hampton as well and the suites there are larger with great walkout balconies.. There is also a restaurant next to the Hampton that is quite good but its name escapes me

6. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was there again this year, and I continue to disapprove of the restaurant. Comped (Gold) breakfast was minimal with only a tiny discount if you upgraded to hot items. Both the food and service were downright bad. We couldn't find a hostess or manager in the restaurant, so went to the hotel's front desk. They said something about having been looking for the restaurant manager and being unable to find him. All-in-all, avoid the restaurant.

The option to take breakfast from the hotel's gift shop still exists, and that is probably the better choice.

Parking is free in the winter.