Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold, or CO Chase Cards?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by tipitai, Nov 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tipitai

tipitai Active Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are both due for a new Chase card. I would like to get both the Sapphire Preferred AND the Ink Bold cards over the next few months (apply for Ink Bold now and Sapphire Preferred in 60 days) so I don't miss the two 50k bonuses, but now I am wondering if it is worth pushing these plans back another 60 days to try to get in on the new CO card w/ 25k bonus before the card gets discontinued.

What do you guys think? Is it worth rolling the dice at Chase, or should I get the Ink Bold and S.Preferred cards sooner rather than later and not risk missing out on these bonuses?

Thanks for your help on this!

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get the Sapphire and Ink cards. I really don't think you can get away with taking the CO bonus now and also the UA explorer bonus in the future. They are essentially the same card, and your CO card will be replaced with a UA Explorer card in 2012. Besides, the UR points are more flexible.

Million Mile Secrets likes this.
  3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with Scottrick, plus the Ink Bold offer is changing on Monday. May be for the better or worse, but now might be the safest time to get in on that one. I would go Sapphire and Ink now if it was me since that is 100K Ultimate Reward points! Good luck!

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree with the above, stick with the sapphire preferred and Ink

5. tipitai

tipitai Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys - quick question though: Can I get Sapphire Preferred AND Ink Bold at the same time, or do I need to wait 45 days (or 60 days)?

Thanks again.

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that you can get both at the same time because one is a business card and one is personal. You should probably try to do it that way anyway because it will result in fewer credit inquiries. If you were to wait, then not only would you have two inquiries, but the first inquiry would lower your score when the second is made.

7. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're better off applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold. Applying for the Continental card will NOT let you get the bonus again on the United Explorer card.

I suspect that we will see a much better offer on the United Explorer card later on, so 25,000 Continental miles now could cost you more United miles later.

Scottrick likes this.
  8. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. I would do both on the same day since they are bus and personal. Just be ready to explain why you need them to Chase. Remember, you have four days left to get in on the current Ink Bold offer so don't wait too long if you want to go for this now. Let us know how it works out!

9. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if the Ink Bold offer will reduce or not. The Southwest offer previously did not decrease from 50,000 points even though that's what many folks were suggesting.

10. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    True that we don't know what will happen. With the affiliate links we were told that the Southwest offer was ending, which it did through affiliate links, but not directly from Chase. (Which is info that we didn't know ahead of time) With this one we are being told that the offer is changing, so we are getting a slightly different message. Not sure what that will translate to meaning in the "real world", but I still think if anyone is on the fence better to be safe than sorry. We'll know for sure next week.

11. Hello..
    You are right Scottrick and I am with your suggetion thas very nice. hope this time also he would be happy to your answer.and i think he should be thought about his fewer credit inquiries.

12. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just before Thanksgiving I have applied for Chase PP and then next day for Ink Bold. Got instant approval on PP and had to call on Ink, but did get approved. So, I assume you should be able to do the same for Chase Saphire and Ink Bold.