Santiago (SCL) airport lounges

Discussion in 'Airports' started by cheryld, Mar 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, we will be flying into SCL(on LAN) and arriving 6:55 am. Would love to take a shower as we won't be able to check-in to hotel until the afternoon. What are our options? We are flying J, are LT Gold on AA, have Priority Pass.
    Eek -just had a thought - will we have to exit the airport due to going through immigration and then not be able to reenter the secured area to access the lounges?

2. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew in to SCL on AA in J a few weeks ago, and don't recall any access to lounges on arrival. Perhaps others on LAN may have a different story? Check on TOBB (Flyertalk) as there's a lengthy thread on lounges at SCL.
    I would suggest that if you're a US citizen, keep in mind you'll need to pay that visa/entry fee on arrival if you haven't already. It's a separate queue, interestingly a bit beyond the customs ones, and you have to go thru that to get your visa/entry fee and THEN go thru whatever queues there are at customs. While there's stands that accept cards, the queues seemed to move faster for those who already had the cash in hand.

Assuming you're coming in from DFW or MIA, I'd suggest grabbing showers, etc. just before leaving.

CherylD likes this.
  3. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Skye1 - we are coming in from JFK and depart at 8pm - I guess if a shower at 6pm is our only option, we will have to go for it, but then we have a 10+ hour plane ride.
    Thanks for the tip on having cash for the visa/entry fee. :)