San Diego oneway issues

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by Exiled in Express, Mar 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to book a oneway rental from San Diego Airport (SANO01) to Las Vegas (LAST01) and cannot get National.com or the phone reservations number to show availability for either free day or paid reservations for the dates I need. If I move the dates a month either way it is not an issue.

Availability is present for local rentals as well as oneways to other California locations and PHX. The suburban San Diego locations (Solana Beach and Escondito) do price to Las Vegas but location and pickup hours are very inconvenient to my plans. Is there anyway to beat the system into submission without booking for location X and phoning in after pickup that I am hijacking the car to Vegas?

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    For what it's worth (which may not be much) you can take the Coaster from downtown (free bus from the airport to the train station) up to Solana Beach; the National desk is across the 101 from the train station.

3. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is an option I have examined and looks like the best of bad options at this point. I arrive well after the Coaster's last run so would need to overnight in SD/Solana and wait until morning to get the car.

4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amtrak also runs up there and some of the trains stop at Solana Beach so that may be an option as well, though likely more costly and even with a taxi.

5. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this a one-day rental or a mulitple day rental? If it's going to be multiple days, is there a National location between the two while you're still in CA?