San Diego Marriott Del Mar undergoes $3.3M renovation

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Jimgotkp, Oct 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    The San Diego Marriott Del Mar unveiled a brand new look, boasting redesigned guestrooms, an all-new Concierge Lounge and upgraded event space. The hotel recently completed a $3.3-million renovation that features a fresh new look at Arterra Restaurant and room upgrades with a Southern California design from CRA Studios in Santa Monica.
    The renovation featured an overhaul of the hotel’s 284 guestrooms, including the addition of 10 allergy-friendly PURE rooms. Guestrooms now feature queen mattresses instead of double beds, Marriott Signature Bedding, flat screen TV, an iHome docking station for iPads, iPhones or iPods, a new sound system and a workstation with wireless Internet.
    The San Diego Marriott Del Mar’s new Concierge Lounge offers breakfast options, evening hors d’oeuvres, and an Honor Bar. The space offers seating with access to reading materials, computer workstations and flat screen TVs.
    The San Diego Marriott Del Mar now has 14 function rooms, unique indoor-outdoor space and more than 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space. The Grand Ballroom offers a meeting space and can be transformed, high ceilings, wall sconces and chandeliers. With seating for up to 480 guests, the room provides room for pre-meeting and registration set-up.
    For weddings, available is the Rancho Santa Fe Ballroom. The hotel is also fully equipped to accommodate pre- and post-event wedding events, such as the engagement party, bridal shower, bachelor/bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch.
    The hotel’s signature restaurant, Arterra, has also refreshed its dining room, bar, and private dining space. Tucked away from the main dining room, the private dining space is ideal for small group meetings or luncheons, offering an intimate setting with modern fixtures and ample lighting. Arterra also offers the Outdoor Lounge.
    Positioned 20 miles north of San Diego, the San Diego Marriott Del Mar is a seaside getaway. The hotel has been awarded the highest level of certification in the state of California's Green Lodging Program.

Information and pictures came from:
    http://www.hotelmanagement.net/marr...-mar-undergoes-33m-renovation-17848?page_id=2

uggboy, Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm assuming the renovation is happening because it was purchased by a new company two weeks ago.

uggboy and marcwint55 like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My cousin lives around the corner and I used to stay there when visiting. It got so bad that I switched to the Hyatt which is not as convenient. If it is nice, I may start using it again when I go for family events.

uggboy, icurhere2 and Jimgotkp like this.
  5. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Renovations are planned way in advance and take quite a while to complete. Since the renovation is already done, I'm not sure it was started because of a purchase 2 weeks ago.

Do agree it was tired before & looks much nicer now.

Cheers.