San Diego Airport Tries To Solve Their Public Transit Problem — With A Crosswalk

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I am an huge proponent of connecting airports to mass transit. If done properly, public transportation can streamline the arrivals and departure process for travelers (I love the bag drop at the Hong Kong central train station, for example). Even a mediocre mass-transit solution can help calm traffic and provide alternatives to taxi cabals, so I'm generally a fan. Living in San Diego, the airport transportation situation is especially frustrating. While Southern California is progressive in many ways, airport transit is not one of them. Our airports were built for a different era, and Southern Californians love their cars, so while we have one of the most conveniently located airports, it's annoyingly difficult to get in and out of. -- The rail line skirts the airport, but there aren't any stations near the airport -- The lightrail/trolley follows the rail lines, but again -- no stations near the terminal You can of course take a bus, but most people end up in cars, and traffic on the one road going in and out of the airport is nearly always an adventure. The post San Diego Airport Tries To Solve Their Public Transit Problem — With A Crosswalk appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...