San Cristobal Tower, Santiago

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

This has become, over the years, my favorite hotel anywhere. Faults? Of course. But they are minor. The hotel has become my #1 reason for keeping my SPG Platinum status. I stay there between 1 and 3 times a year. No matter when I arrive, the doorman and concierge remember me. My room is usually ready early, and it is rarely I'm not upgraded. (I wonder how much of this is on status alone v. repeat guest.) I've gotten to know a couple of the bartenders at the bar, and the chief concierge on the Sheraton side is about as good as they get, anywhere.

Ironically, there's usually a small issue with the bill when checking out almost every time (always promptly remedied), or they forget to send the platinum amenity, so a quick call remedies this. While some people may get disturbed about something less than 100% perfection, I just know it almost always happens here, and it is always promptly fixed. This is one of the few places I've been where the amenity is better than 500 points. It is also one of the few hotels that I don't mind when they take my luggage, even though I know where my room is, and know how everything works in the room.

It may not be as sleek as some of the newest places in Las Condes, but I like the location here better and in all of the myriad of travels I've had around the world, including many multiple stays in various properties over the years, there's just a sense of comfort when I arrive at the San Cristobal Tower after a long journey, get a warm greeting even if it is occasionally about the hour of sunrise, and really feel "home away from home."