Same PNR, Different Potitions on UG List?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by planecrashlaw, Apr 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. planecrashlaw
    Original Member

planecrashlaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    Getting used to PLT after 5 years of EXP and I could use some quick refresher help on whether highest status determines UG window/priority for 500 mile stickers. Just got on an ORD-SFO flight, and while there was no way we would have cleared, I was at a one position as a Plt and my wife, a Gld, was much lower. Seemed all the time I was EXP, she was right next to me on thge UG board. The ORD AC agent was clueless.

So, can she use my status? Any manual entries to accomplish this needed at the SFO AC when I land in a few hours in order for our return Monday to clear together @ 72 hours. FYI, we both have stickers, me=8 and her 25+

Any quick help is appreciated.

PS. First time in Y in over 2 years. Coach sucks.

2. jasher926

jasher926 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a difficult one. I've had this happen 1/3 of the time when I travel with my wife. I am EP and she is Plat. On the same PNR (or linked PNRs by calling the desk) you should default to the highest status traveler. However, I believe there is some backend stuff the gate agent has to do to make sure that happens. In our case, it looks like 1/3 agents are competent enough to catch this and make it happen. When this hasn't happened, we've usually shown up at gate before they start clearing upgrades (40mins before) and I tell the gate agent so he/she fixes it to be next to each other on the list.

3. FlyingPanda
    Original Member

FlyingPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes companion linking does not transfer properly from the automated upgrade list to the airport upgrade list. It's important to double check at the AC or gate to make sure you are still linked (next to one another on the list) and to ask the agent to fix it if you are not.