Same day flight change (on award)?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by kw335, Dec 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know it costs $25 to change flights, whether you are ticketed on a revenue or award itinerary- but I was wondering whether you were standing by for your original class of service, or is it for coach?

In my case- I have a 10am SEA-DEN flight on award, ticketed in first (A), and wanted to pay $25 to change to the 7am flight. If space was available, would I confirmed in First or Economy?

As a reference, I don't have any status on Alaska; and this award was ticketed by American, using AAdvantage miles. Thanks!

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given that this is ticketed on 001 ticket stock, you may not be able to do this at all. This may require 027 stock.

3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've SDCd awards on AS booked with AA miles, BA Avios miles, and DL miles. If you're ticketed in a first class fare bucket you will be available to SDC to any flight with F1+ available.

Online SDC will work fine as soon as you are at the 6 hr mark before the flight you want to change to or if you're elite on AS at 10 pm the day before.

If there is no F and only Y seats on your flight then you might have to talk to an agent and they may balk, but ask nicely or talk to a supervisor.

kw335 likes this.