Same-Day Confirmed Changes and Connecting Itineraries

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by gleff, Jan 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    To do a $75 same-day confirmed you have to wait until 12 hours before the flight you want to change to and there needs to be E inventory.

But is it 12 hours before the first segment on a connecting itinerary, or within 12 hours of all segments?

Thanks,
    Gary

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    What I had explained to me by a rep was that it was 12 hours before the specific segment that would start the standby changes. I didn't have time to hang up, call back and ask again... but they refused to SDS me even though my FIRST segment was within the 12 hour window until the ACTUAL segment was in the window.

gleff likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well I might try to SDC the first segment anyway and give myself a five hour layover at O'Hare just to avoid the possible snow in DC tomorrow. :(

perryplatypus and Mike Reed like this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. I'm the idiot who, because of schedule, had no other choice but to book an SJC-ORD-STL trip in mid-february on two separate PNR's (SJC-ORD, ORD-STL) to get around the 35-minute MCT in ORD (I have 30 minutes as-booked). Last flight out of SJC, gets into ORD 30 minutes before the first flight out to STL, which is the ONLY flight that gets in before the meeting I'm keynoting at. In mid-February. This winter.

Yeah. Nothing could POSSIBLY go wrong with that! And there's not enough time once I hit the ground in ORD to get a car and drive to STL if anything goes teats up. And I'm not likely to be able to get out of where I have to be in SJC early enough to even consider standby on the earlier flight, connection through DFW, etc. Quite literally my last... and only... choice.

That'll probably be worth a blog post whether it works or not... we'll see.

John777 likes this.