Same-Day Confirmed Change question

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by thejewel, Aug 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. thejewel

thejewel New Member

Status Points:
    I'm a Silver member with Delta and I know there is a $50 fee to have a same-day confirmed flight change. But I have 2 questions?

1.) Is this fee per leg or per one-way trip? I'm flying to LAS with a stop in MSP first. Will my fee be $50 or $100
    2.) How/where do I request this. Can I do it online, on the phone or do I have to go to the airport and do it there.

Thanks for any help. I've read the page on Delta that describes the changes but I still am no clear on the above items.

2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. AFAIK, fee is one way, not per segment
    2. Either on the phone or in-person at the airport is best. I've never trusted DL.dumb to do things correctly.

3. thejewel

thejewel New Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! The Delta page on this topic states that "Late August" you can get same-day confirmed 24 hours before your flight leaves. Does anyone know if it is "Late August" yet? I'm traveling on the 25th. Thanks again

4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Late August may or may not encompass the date you want. Only DL knows and knowing past history with their technology, I wouldn't be surprised if late August is really September.

traveller99 likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you do the SDC in two operations, you could be charged two fees. For example, for LAS-MSP-XXX, suppose you want to change to earlier flights, but only LAS-MSP is available in your fare class. If you SDC that and then either SDS the MSP-XXX flight or SDC it later when the right inventory class becomes available, I would expect DL to charge $50 twice.