Same Day Change between CO & UA Metal

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Seacarl, Aug 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the DEN-SEA route, the last flight of the day is on CO metal, and all the earlier flights are on UA metal. If I purchase the CO flight, and decide I want to try to travel earlier in the day, can I easily do a same day change to one of the UA flights? Does it matter if I buy the ticket on UA vs. CO website and/or using UA or CO codeshare flight numbers and/or use my MP or OP number?

Kung Pao likes this.
  2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    See http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/same-day-confirmed-change-on-ua-and-co.2811/ for more info on same day confirmed changes, and http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/reservations/samedaychange.aspx for the official word from Continental. It shouldn't matter which website you buy the ticket on, nor MP or OP number. I would advise against the codeshare flight numbers, just because it seems to make the computers puke, but should still be possible.

3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the pointers - I will respond in the thread, too. There are some significant differences between UA and CO SDC policies (CO allows changes 24 hours out, but must be same fare class; UA only allows changes 3 hours out, but as long as H is available any discount fare can be changed) and none of the discussion nor the CO website makes it very clear about whether change of metal can be easily done except at the airport. So... If it is booked on united.com and UA flight number but is the CO operated flight, do UA or CO SDC policies apply?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the day of travel each carrier will see it as their own flight on their own code. But to change between carriers requires being at the airport and within 3 hours of the new flight time.

5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unlike:(. Can't wait until they can move to a common IT platform - which they clearly can do independent of an operating certificate since for example US does it.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    US is on a single certificate and has been for a while now. Their issue is a union one.
    http://atwonline.com/operations-mai...ays-granted-single-operating-certificate-0309

As for the IT platform bit, I've heard some interesting rumors lately. I'm working on corroborating them so I can share more details and not be a rumor monger.

Seacarl likes this.