Salvador, Bahia, Brazil Hotel Convento do Carmo

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by jbcarioca, Mar 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This hotel is located in the Pelorinho close to the Cathedral. It is a remodeled convent that dates from 1586. The original chapel is still there and the covent itself is one of the most delightful hotels I have ever been in.

It is a LHW property, and i was upgraded to a suite when I checked in with Mrs. JB. they observed we were checking in on my birthday whereupon we were given a guided tour of the entire convent and were also given an exquisite dinner including a nice Champagne and an equally nice Portuguese red wine.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

their website:
    http://www.pestana.com/hotels/en/ho...tels/ConventodoCarmo/Home/ConventodoCarmo.htm

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The chapel
    [​IMG]
    The central area between reception, restaurant and rooms
    [​IMG]

A room like the one I stayed in, a junior suite (upgrade because of LHW). Each room seems to differ slightly.
    [​IMG]

Bonnie likes this.
  3. The Juiceman
    Original Member

The Juiceman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was in Salvador for one day on a cruise last December. A friend who travels there often gave me a list of must dos/sees. If anyone is heading there and needs recs I will be happy to share.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please add your recommendations in the Bahia thread . It will be interesting, much more than generic comments Did you spend time in Pelourinho?

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/bahia-the-birthplace-of-brazil.6394/

5. The Juiceman
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I am asking my friend to resend his recommendations. He originally sent to me via Facebook, which I just discovered doesn't archive messages. The day we arrived in Bahia was the first time we had touched land since we left the Canary Islands six days earlier. My suitemate had met a woman from Rio who played tour guide/translator for us. All we really did, besides enjoy a few Bohemia's, was walk around the old town. A lot of folks went to nearby beaches and loved it. I will post some pix of that day too.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. The Juiceman
    Original Member

Status Points:
  7. The Juiceman
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That is moi on 12/9/10 in Bahia at the top of the elevator. Still waiting to hear back from my friend with the recs. I also have the pamphlet Royal Caribbean gave us too, somewhere...

jbcarioca likes this.