Sale Fares to Canada From Eastern U.S.

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by Newscience, Feb 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    In today's Washington Post Travel Section, there was a notice that-

Porter Airlines has sale fares from Washington Dulles to cities throughout eastern Canada. Actually, the fare sale extends from other cities in the eastern U.S, including Boston, Burlington, Chicago, Myrtle Beach and Newark.

For example, the round-trip fare from Dulles to Toronto is $182, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $345. Travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays through June 27 for the lowest fares; some holiday blackout dates apply. Twenty-one-day advance purchase required. Book by Feb. 24 at:

www.flyporter.com.

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    No love for MSY.

uggboy, Newscience and gregm like this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    <sending some love for MSY and MSYgirl> (totally innocent, friendly love) BTW, I traveled to MSY weekly for 2 summers in a row and LOVE that airport.

Newscience and MSYgirl like this.
  4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's to love? The lack of lounges, PreCheck, food options, and speed? :p

It's not so bad having a small place to navigate, but a few more amenities would be nice. Perhaps they will work on that with the new airport they have planned.

Newscience and gregm like this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:

6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Porter only flies the Dash8-400's so far, and I don't think they have quite the range to reach MSY. They're trying to get small jets that will easily make that distance, but Porter would have to have the runway at Toronto's Island airport extended for the jet use, and they're getting some heat from the city and local residents on the island and waterfront nearby, about the jet noise at the airport if they finally use them.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Porter nearly always has a sale of some sort on. I get their emails and it is hard for me to remember a 2 week period where there isn't something out there in the form of a discount.