Safeway Just 4 U $15 off $100 M/C gift card (exp 1/4/2013)

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by LIH Prem, Dec 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got this offer in my Safeway Just 4 U account. The problem is there are no m/c gift cards at the local Safeways here on Maui (and maybe the rest of Hawaii?).

Did anybody else get this offer and were you able to take advantage of it?

The only fine print was that the $100 value had to be in a single transaction. After the fee it was probably 9% discount plus whatever other miles and doubling down you could get out of it. I thought it was a pretty good offer.

[​IMG]

Slow_Mustang, Jenny & Curt and Kalboz like this.
  2. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTW, don't ignore the safeway web site as a source of deals. They've had deals like $15 off a $50 itunes gift card and things like that on occasion. The store manager was telling me his itunes deal was good per transaction. Mine was just one time as far as I could tell, but I never tried to do it again.

plus they take credit cards for payment on these things.

For reloadables and other things, you can do better at office supply stores, but you might be able to double dip here on some of the deals they offer.

-David

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got the offer, and was able to take advantage of it at Vons. Purchased it with United Mileage Plus Select for double miles. Trying to figure the best use of the gift card. I used to always just apply any prepaid cards to my Verizon bill, but now I want that to go all on DH's Ink Bold!

Slow_Mustang, Kalboz and LIH Prem like this.
  4. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    the cost of the gift card was $4.95 or $5.95, right? So you already earned 9% - 10% on it. Plus 2x miles.

-David

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, $5.95. I could put the $100 on the phone bill, but in addition to the 5x points with the Bold, we haven't met the minimum spend yet. I could spend it at the grocery store, as I have only Hilton HHonors and United that bonus groceries.

Kalboz and LIH Prem like this.
  6. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Use it somewhere that only gives 1x points with your existing cards?

I'd say amazon, but you can get 5x UR at amazon by buying amazon gift cards at office supply stores with your Ink Bold card and also help satisfy the min spend on it.

Or maybe it would make a nice gift?

-David

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Processing fee is $5.95 ... just bought my $100 MC yesterday at VONS and was thinking of posting this & then, lo and behold, here it is posted ... thanks David for posting :)

LIH Prem likes this.
  8. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, I bought a lot of AMZ gift cards this year. Albertson's (grocery) has a deal right now (and has for a few weeks): buy $100 in gift cards -- including Amazon --and a $20 Albertson's gift certificate prints out at the register. (Good for only 7 days).
    Best Buy had a buy $50 Best Buy GC, get $10 BB cert free. I took them straight to BB and bought Amazon certs with the BB ones. And I still had a bunch from a deal Office Max had earlier in the year. Also, AMZ gives 3% back with my AMZ CC if I ever use up my gift certificates. I just don't have much 1% spend.

LIH Prem and Kalboz like this.
  9. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always fret that my kids (as that is the likely recipient) will have trouble using up that little bit of credit on gift cards. I'm much more likely to give them money the old-fashioned way, or by using Amazon payments or telling them they can spend on the cards of mine they have that are "additional cardholders" on.

10. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got this card, used it to pay off my water bill and then stuck the card in the shredder.
    What is the next offer? ;)

11. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best Buy has a gift card recycling bin if you're feeling ecological.

LIH Prem likes this.