Safety Card Exchange

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't know if there's much of a population of those collecting safety cards, but I am looking for 747 family safety cards. Please let me know if you have any available for sale or trade of other cards.

2. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do you acquire them? I'd like to have some, but I'd feel bad taking them from the seats!

3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I actually will ask the FA's. 80% of the time they have extra's in their storage areas and are happy to give me a copy.

One time on a CO flight, the FA gave me 10, saying that they'll be collectors items when UA repaints the metal.

I too am a bit nervous to take from the seat. With my luck the plane would encounter an emergency on the flight after mine, and the person may be screwed.....Or worse, they track me down for stealing something that shouldnt leave the craft. Occassionally though they get stuck in the skymall catalog that gets caught up in my carry on.

4. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think there is nothing wrong with taking it from the seat, I would assume the airline checks by standard policy to ensure they are replaced.

If ever questioned just say "I'm a frequent flyer, I want to take it home and study it incase of an emergency."

lol

5. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    Grace and joesmoe like this.
  6. Good to see theft being advocated here.

7. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    safety cards get updated all the time so I assume airlines frequently get rid of the older / expired cards

8. Smaug
    Original Member

Smaug Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it is a safety violation if the seats do not have their cards. If seats are found without cards and replacement cards cannot be found, the flight could be canceled for that reason alone.

So I would not take the cards from the seats.

Lufthansa Flyer and joesmoe like this.
  9. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've flown on a few CRJs where my seat didn't have a card or the card was missing a flap. Mainline never seems to be an issue, but RJs seem to be a different story.
    Next time I'll have to ask if the FA has an extra to replace the missing one.

joesmoe likes this.
  10. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    they should go the Ryanair route and plaster the card on the seat back in front of you... have fun peeling that one off, lol

Lufthansa Flyer and joesmoe like this.
  11. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It technically could be as a harsh a penalty as disabling the smoke alarm in the WC

12. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Let me know if you have certain aircraft or airlines you like, I have a bunch of them, but really only hang on to the 747's and trade or give away the others I've acquired. Sometimes it makes for good currency to get the cards I want.