Safari Constant refresh

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I noticed in Safari, the "gear" status icon keeps spinning on my milepoint tab. It seems likes in almost in a constant state of refresh but nothing is changing on the screen. I have several tabs open to different websites, but see the gear spinning the majority of the time on the milepoint tab. Is there some kind of auto refresh or streaming feature on milepoint?

2. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here... I notice the same thing.

I feel like, I am in a holding pattern.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have told by the MP(MilePoint) Tower, there is a major Weather delay in the area and have been asked to fly around for a while."

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We've noticed that from time to time as well and tracked part of it to the calls that are made when members use Facebook registration. We have the isolation, we just don't have the fix yet but during this Beta we are confident of a solution. I know, I had that happen to me as well using Chrome, s not isolated to Safari. Now i know i'm not alone and we will get this addressed.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:

With my spinning gear, it wasnt a facebook related item, in case you were only seeing it on facebook related issues.

5. The Missy
    Original Member

The Missy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see it sporadically on Firefox too.

6. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am also getting the spinning gear in safari and have not connected with facebook.
    I have also experienced a problem of having a safari crash and it totally closing out. This is something I have not experienced since leaving Microsoft products. This has occurred on both my mac book as well as on the iPad.

7. I am now actually seeing it stop for the first time.

This looks to be an issue with the integration with our chat service. We will be working on some tests soon to fix the issue.

8. Made a patch to the chat software. Looks to have solved the problem.

You may need to clear your browser cache and logout and it to see the change.

BondAir007 likes this.
  9. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    looks like its behaving now. also noticed the ad banners are not covering up any drop down windows as that was a problem yesterday too.

10. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm on Chrome and did this. It seems it takes some pages a long time to finish (maybe a minute), but they do now finish unlike before.

11. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
  12. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far so good. Now I can explore the site.... a long Safari into the wild jungles of MilePoint! (Indiana Jones theme playing in the background) :)

13. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine is still refreshing! [​IMG]

14. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Mine spins a little too, but not as much as prior to the patch. Wonder if theres an auto refresh that happens. I notice that my alerts tab will light up when someone quotes or likes something I said even though I dont refresh or change screens. I bet that has to be a function of an auto referesh.

15. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure if I ran into the same issue but this sounded familiar to the problems I had about 10 hours ago.

Using Firefox. I was working on a reply and tried to edit my post during preview. Somehow the screen flashed and all of a sudden, my work-in-progress reply was gone :(. And my other Firefox windows stopped working as well. They were all stuck in a fixed place/line and I couldn't scroll down/up using my cursors. Refreshing the screens made no difference. I closed out FF and re-started a new session, thinking it might help. What's worse was that I now also lost my internet connection. I didn't have time to reboot my system so I just left it like that and shut off my computer.

Maybe a coincidence, I also got the adobe flash crashed warning message the same time I lost my reply.

Not sure If this has anything to do with Beta but I don't think losing a composing reply in preview mode is normal.

16. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    then i'll take the [Fixed] off so we can return to the bug report, thanks.

17. lallyr
    Original Member

lallyr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine is still spinning too on Chrome.

18. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to post or not...but Safari on my iPad crashes intermittently. I did connect via Facebook. It seems to happen right after a new page loads.

19. Its going to be a problem because after you post on safari it does not seem to post so i go back and try to repost and find out i have posted twice...
    now i understand with safari it just sticks my post has posted but i have to leave the thread and come back to see if my post is correct.

20. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's constantly spinning for me on chrome also - no facebook involved here.

21. lallyr
    Original Member

lallyr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep none involved with me either.

22. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    It appears this has something to do with the attachment_editor.js script file. It looks like there is a flash editor being loaded but it never completes for some reason.

23. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I have had that problem every time I tried to post from Safari on my Mac. Fortunately my primary browser is Firefox and it does seem to work okay with that.

Yup, I had that happen once today. No Facebook connect here.

24. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both happening here with no facebook.

25. We made a change today that changed where the hosting is being done, It looks like this time the spinning is gone.