Saddled with company Aadvantage Citi card how can "I" benefit

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by daninstl, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently changed jobs and the company I went to work for issued me a Citibusiness Aadvantage Mastercard. I haven't figured out any way I can personally benefit from any miles or other perks. They require me to use this card for all my gas, hotels, food, etc. Basically ALL expenses. Any thought or ideas would be welcome. Keep in mind I have to provide receipts for each transaction and they match this up against the card billing. I'm afraid I'm out of luck on this..

deant likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to get the points personally. Had a similar situation at my old job but they were not too fussy about charging everything to the company card so I was able to "bend" the rules.

3. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you considered asking the powers that be if they would be willing to allow you to receive miles. I see no harm in asking for the benefit. It would be a nice perk for you.

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt that they will, but I also see no harm in trying. My understanding is that the company either has a special arrangement with the card issuer and they don't participate in the rewards programs at all, or that the company ends up with the rewards rather than the individual.

It's one of those circumstances where if you have to submit receipts to itemize everything, you might as well as if you can use your own card. :)

tondoleo likes this.
  5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that's just pessimistic :)

I had a thread about this topic a while back. You should be able to get some return from flights, hotels and dining. Try booking/buying as much as you can online through portals like fatwallet, mrrebates, ebates, etc. Priority Club gets you 5% cashback, for example. Expedia, ~3% plus their own points, etc., etc.

Also, see if the card is registerable with any of the dining networks (some companies' cards can't be, like mine) and make a point to eat at those establishments as much as possible.

Yeah, it's not quite the oodles of miles everyone hopes for, but it can add up too. I've gotten a decent amount of cashback this way while also finding deals that were better than my company would've paid otherwise (in case anyone in finance worries about the paths you take).

viguera likes this.
  6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the advise. I'm registered with idine, hotel and shopping portals, etc. Basically the company is getting the miles and they just add each employee as an additional cardholder. I stay at IHG hotels mostly so that is easy enough. I guess I just have to get what I can get I just hate leaving anything on the table.

7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can sympathize since I am in the same situation, but the perspective is a bit different. The company is spending its own money on you, so getting miles for them is justified, wish my company was that smart. Your perk is the ability to get cashback on spending that is in no way related to your own money. So, something for nothing! Now that's what I call a deal! Staying at IHG means you are getting 5% back, which is a rather nice chunk of money, especially if you travel a lot.

daninstl likes this.