Ryanair: My Second Flight

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Okay — so maybe I was lucky during my first time flying as a passenger on an airplane operated by Ryanair, which was on a flight from Budapest to Dublin. I expected to have hassles with my baggage; be pummeled with fees; encounter surly employees; bombarded with advertisements; encounter delays; and just have a miserable experience overall. While I will not say that that experience was a pleasure, it was not nearly as bad as I originally thought. Aside from being queued like cattle in a wire mesh cage and waiting in line for a long time, the experience was rather benign. It was basic transportation for a low airfare of $70.93 for that one-way flight which was roughly the same distance as between New York and West Palm Beach — not the lowest airfare I ever paid; but not bad at all... ...but I still had another flight scheduled: traveling approximately 900 miles from Dublin to Madrid on Ryanair for a mere $56.34. I get to Dublin Airport and checked in for my flight, which was easy. As it felt like I walked a literal kilometer from the airplane to the exit when I arrived from Budapest, I can confirm that it again felt like I walked a kilometer to arrive at the departing gate, which was changed once before boarding the aircraft. One thing I learned is to expect a good walking workout when traveling between a Ryanair gate and the airport entrance or exit — not that that is necessarily a bad thing, as I do not mind walking. I am thankful that I have strong healthy legs which can take me great distances. The gate area in Dublin was far superior to the one in Budapest — sans metal cage dividers — as shown in the photographs below... The post Ryanair: My Second Flight appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...