Ryanair last in satisfaction table

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by uggboy, Dec 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Ryanair last in satisfaction table ||

Ryanair, a result as expected. :D

jbcarioca and sobore like this.
  2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't want to guess how many of those 563 are idiots. It amazes me that people get upset about Ryanair's fee policies as if they are some hidden thing the company doesn't divulge until after they have you suckered into flying. If you don't know Ryanair and their American cousin, Spirit are going to gouge you with fees when you see that $9 fare than you are an idiot.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Install those pay toilets fleet wide and that number could fall to the single digits. ;)

jbcarioca and uggboy like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am shocked. SHOCKED!

jbcarioca and boondr like this.
  5. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know, a modest $1 or 1 pound charge to use the toilet wouldn't offend me all that much. It would give people incentive to do their business on the ground and make it more likely that if you need the bathroom in a hurry, you could actually have it in a hurry.

I realize on a transcon that people are going to have to go to the bathroom (and there should be no charge) but on a 90-minute or 2-hour flight, the only people who absolutely need to go on board the aircraft are people with medical issues (who would love for the bathroom to be free since they may have short notice) or people who had tight connections and simply didn't have time to go on the ground. Everyone else can simply do some better planning, IMHO.

6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this meant to be news? a historical record? I do not understand:confused: I love piecemeal charges; I love bad service; I love clearing banks. ergo i must love Ryanair.

Truthfully I have never flown with them and do not plan to.

i do not understand why customers are surprised. As people before me have noted, buyers of their product are given lots of advance warning.

skyvan and TRAVELSIG like this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ryanair serves a vital purpose- to keep the legacy carrier fares lower :)

In the "good old days" a roundtrip London to VCE would cost 1000 GBP. You could fly a very large family for that amount now... on BA.

uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as I can use my credit card and earn a mile or two... ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely. Freddie Laker did that for Transatlantic travel. We owe LCC's a debt of gratitude whether we fly them or not.

sobore and uggboy like this.
  10. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd totally fly Ryanair... and probably enjoy them... if I were doing a short trip and could live with just a carryon bag. As an overseas passenger who flew within Europe a few years ago, I chose BA instead because we could take baggage with us and not be treated as second-class customers.

It's all about what you want. When I'm on a major vacation, I expect a more civilized experience. When I'm flitting away for a weekend I have greater tolerance for a less plush ride.