Ryanair food costs more than price of flight

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by sobore, Aug 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...air-food-costs-more-than-price-of-flight.html

[​IMG]

Ryanair passengers could find themselves paying more for snacks on board the plane than they are for the flight itself, research has shown.

The cost of drink and food items bought during the journey can amount to more than the price of a single fare with the budget airline.

Order six basic items from a Ryanair in-flight menu, such as a cup of tea, a sandwich, a tin of Pringles, a Kit Kat, a bottle of water and a glass of wine, and you should expect to pay £18.07.
    The bill is higher than the £18 price of one-way flights currently being offered by the airline to Genoa, Warsaw and Paris.

The cost of similar items on other budget airlines came to slightly less, with a bill for £16.10 with Aer Lingus, and £14.75 with easyJet.

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...air-food-costs-more-than-price-of-flight.html

uggboy likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Component pricing. It is what customers have asked for.

LETTERBOY, YULtide and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't trust Ryanair as an airline, why would I trust them on their food?

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surely, no-one has expected to be prices outrageous and that fees go through the roof? [....more often than not, fantasy fees that is, which work against the passengers ]

5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where's the money going to come from if not the airfare? I'm no fan of Ryanair, but they've got to make money to stay in business.

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Airfare? YES!....but " fantastic " fees? [ My problem are the fees and the attitude of Ryanair. ]

7. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    its like taking a subway and trying to buy food/drinks at the subway station or nearby convenience store.......