Ryanair Delivers an Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MX, May 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    One man's very funny complaint (that's alleged to have dented the airline's stellar PR image):
    http://jameslockley.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/ryanair-does-deliver-an-experience/

anileze, gregm, brfong and 2 others like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    anileze and MX like this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed the complainer forgot to mention that he's debilitatingly verbose. The only important issue he needed to convey to the Child and Vacant should've been: "We are running late".

4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reads like an episode from Top Gear as announced by Jeremy Clarkson.

MX and anileze like this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    This piece is so funny - I nearly fell of my chair laughing -

Mapsmith and MX like this.
  6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I don't know about the "debilitatingly" part, never having experienced it myself, I do agree that he could have informed those to whom he had to inform, just as easily by saying "We're late." The running part is obviously immaterial in that part of the conversation, as whomever he was speaking to at the time would have seen them running up to him to announce the obvious.

And it also would have saved the writer several keystrokes in his letter, thus shortening the reading time to a less debilitatingly long and verbose read, IMO.

Mapsmith and MX like this.
  7. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    They strictly weren't late when he started "explaining our plight". They still had 20 min plus an hour flight delay. But sometimes enjoying the sound of your voice can interfere with being punctual. :D

blackjack-21 and Mapsmith like this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strictly speaking they weren't late as you pointed out, because the aircraft was delayed. But at the time the writer arrived at the airport, he knew that they were technically later then permitted, and so the run up to the agents was puffingly required to try to get them on their flight.

And it wasn't the sound of my voice (as in "your voice") as you mentioned above, that caused his unpunctually later arrival at the airport or even in the airport, since I've got a deep voice that he probably couldn't have heard from so far away, rather "his" higher pitched and squeaky voice that would have been eminating at the time after his long run to the agents and gates, which probably would have addled his brain from all the bouncing around during the run, causing his overly long comment of "We are running late", which as we know of course, added to the confusion at the outset, and yet again as the verbosely written letter continued in the extreme.

MX likes this.