Ryanair’s cheap flights are not worth your sanity

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by sobore, Jun 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/comme...lights-are-not-worth-your-sanity-7831087.html

My tweet of the week arrived courtesy of literary agent Jonny Geller. “Ryanair surely wins the prize for greenest airline,” he posted the night before last. “You will never want to fly again.”

His message alighted on the screen of my iPad at the precise nadir of my own Ryanair hell, puncturing the misery momentarily. I was attempting to re-book flights to Italy for maybe the tenth time in under a week — flights that were due to take off less than 36 hours later and which only that day I’d discovered had ceased to exist in Ryanair’s nightmarishly opaque system, despite a confirmation email and reference number.

Given how many times the Irish airline’s website crashed, froze and failed to complete the payment process during the first 48 hours of my gruelling booking marathon, I can only assume half of London is similarly seething with impotent rage.

Geller may have been tweeting in the aftermath of an actual flight but his sentiment is still spot on if you can’t get off the ground. Were someone to invent a device with the precise aim of tormenting busy individuals to within a whisker of their sanity, it would be the Ryanair flight booking system. Nothing about it is simple, quick or even cheap.

Read More: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/comme...lights-are-not-worth-your-sanity-7831087.html

OY-JFS, aptraveler, TRAVELSIG and 2 others like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, yes, many reasons I AVOID them! :)

OY-JFS, LETTERBOY, aptraveler and 2 others like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I keep my sanity and fly others instead! I'm proud to have never flown with Ryanair and I will keep it that way!:)

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well said.

OY-JFS, sobore, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
  5. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes in our quest to save some money we lose sight of the fact that money is NOT everything on this earth. Keeping one's sanity and enjoying a simple act as transporting oneself from one place to another, should never turn into a nightmare of an experience. That's why I really believe in the adage: 'you get what you pay for' So, look around before you buy and spend a little more, but avoid the disappointment and the surging rage that usually comes from the frustration generated by situations such as these.
    Thanks for the posting sobore! ;-)

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whenever I think of booking a Ryanair flight, I just quickly watch this YouTube video from Aida:

7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    My pair of experiences were sufficient to make my decision to avoid Ryanair! I would only take them if there were no other alternatives and even so, I would pay more to fly another airline or drive!

OY-JFS, LETTERBOY and sobore like this.
  8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every once in a while I do it- however I always wonder "why didn't I learn"??? Chareloi isn't too bad from TSF and it gets me into a very convenient area of Belgium- however, still, it is SO miserable.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilarious!

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  10. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bingo!

OY-JFS and TRAVELSIG like this.
  11. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not to sound like an elitist snob, but anyone who flies on this airline deserves whatever they get. :rolleyes:

OY-JFS likes this.
  12. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    booking aside, they do the job.. if you can live out of a backpack, there's nothing better (read cheaper) than Ryanair/Easyjet