Running In Dad’s Footsteps

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

This post is definitely more the running side of the blog and is actually quite a personal one, so thank you ahead of time for reading it! Quick Background I did not start running until I was 24 years old having had exercise-induced asthma for most of my life. My asthma always used to kick up if I tried running much at all so it kept me from being involved in more strenuous sports, like soccer. However, as I began to run (jog), I learned to manage things a little better and have actually had very few problems with asthma while running. My goal when I started running was to run one marathon and that was going to be it. Well, that is like taking one trip on points – one just gets you hooked! So, that began my running life. Since that time, I have run almost 40 marathons/ultramarathons (races longer than a marathon) and have run dozens of shorter races as well. Though I run mostly alone (especially... The post Running In Dad’s Footsteps appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...