Running A Race At 92

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I really just started running about 8 years ago. I enjoy it a lot and really would like to be able to run for many years to come. Barring serious injuries, that will happen. But, I know at some age, my running of marathons and half marathons will come to an end. Not so for this gentleman. At the prime age of 92, he ran yet another half marathon this past Saturday at the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon and did it in a time of 3:19:30! That breaks down to a pace of 15 minutes per mile. I would hope that I could run that pace when I am 20 years younger than this gentleman, in fact, I would count myself blessed just to be alive at 92. He currently holds the record for the over-90 age group at the half marathon (2:56:26) and now has set a (pending) record again for the single age of 92 at that distance and time. HT: Runners World Another notable record for running by our... The post Running A Race At 92 appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...