[Rumor] JAL could place an order for 20 Airbus 350-1000's

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JALPak, Mar 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca and autolycus like this.
  2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well not really, they did (or what was a constituent part of merged JAL) have a fleet of Airbus A 300-.......

JALPak and jbcarioca like this.
  3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    those were ordered by JAS not JAL

jbcarioca and QSG like this.
  4. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is like saying that JAL is not JAL........as JAL now was formed of parts of both former companies ! Not to mention where the guy who runs it now came from the former JAL (JAS) Domestic subsidiary company! Don't mess with history! (and don't forget your dust mask, for the DO festivities) :p

The airline was established on 1 July[citation needed] 1983[4] and started operations in December[citation needed] 1983. A joint investment plan with public and private investors in fourteen Kagoshima Prefecture municipalities established Japan Air Commuter.[4] At the time JAC was an affiliate of Toa Domestic Airlines, later known as Japan Air System.[4] In the 1990s JAC had its headquarters in theKagoshima Airport Building Annex in Mizobe, Aira District, Kagoshima Prefecture.[5]
    Japan Air System later merged into Japan Airlines. Japan Air Commuter has 471 employees (at March 2007) and is owned by Japan Airlines (60%) and 14 local municipalities of the Amami Islands and Kagoshima (40%).[3]
    Due to the restructuring plan of Japan Airlines, Arata Yasujima was promoted to president of Japan Air Commuter on February 1, 2010.[1] Yasujima replaces Masaru Onishi, who was promoted to president of JAL.[6]

JALPak and jbcarioca like this.
  5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    You know they have different customer codes right? And Onishi is from JAL not JAS :p http://press.jal.co.jp/en/uploads/20100127 - Profile of Onishi and Taguchi.pdf

Didn't I tell you long time ago I am not going?

jbcarioca and QSG like this.
  6. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is all whitewashing of the historical record........and wikipedia is never wrong ! ;) What, you aren't going! But you are still listed as attending, or is that just to make the DO look "sold out" ! The dust/pollen has been dire, better to stay where ever you are ! :)

jbcarioca and JALPak like this.
  7. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    yea just user error on your part :p Onishi was the JAC president but before that he joined JAL as the maintenance staff and was involved in the aftermath of JL123.

I told them long time ago I wasn't going. No idea why I was still shown as confirmed. Told you I pushed for NH as the 1st choice for a reason :p Never sure if I would go from the get go because of the dates. And now I have valid work related excuses ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read in today's paper that ANA is lookin' to order some Airbus planes, too. Is the 787 gonna kill Boeing?