Rumor - 772s to get new C product and lose the F cabin

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by mundosurfer, Apr 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was a post on FT, where the poster claims to have insider info about the retrofit of the 772s, he said they would get the new C class, He also stated the the F cabin would be removed from 772s during the retrofit. Im not sure if anyone else hear such a rumor, but for us that do not frequent FT anymore and would like to discuss your thoughts if this were to happen, now we can.

2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love flyertalk rumors!

TrippePanAM likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    JonNYC on TravelingBetter who, IMHO, is much more solid and trustworthy on the "insider scoop" front has also weighed in on this rumor on FT starting at post #65.

LINK.

rwoman, Sagy, MJonTravel and 2 others like this.
  4. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I see that now thanks, I guess we will have to wait and see. I travel in Business more than F, so the part about the new product is really of more interest to me than if F was removed.

5. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on the good ol' JonNYC fact check, this FT poster has a mixed record of fact facts and pseudo-facts (not just on this topic, but on others as well), so I'd suggest that anyone considering this poster's word as gospel consider checking out TB for a more time-tested variant. :) There's not a lot of BS over there, so what is there is pretty valuable and one doesn't have to wade through too much gristle to get to the meat.

Gtitan, Sagy, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sagy likes this.
  8. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Plus, if the 772 -was- keeping F, it would undoubtedly get the new F going into the 773-- which looks like a nice upgrade in materials, etc.

The linked thread on AA F strikes me as very whiney, under informed, picayune and silly anyway, AA F can be quite nice (not compared to CX, LH, (list of great foreign carriers continues.. all much better than AA F, in some cases, much, much better)) but fine compared to the actual competition, and certainly better than AA J (even the new one) so it's a "loss" anyway you look at it.
    Most of the whimpering in that thread pertain to soft-product and FA attitude/service-- that will apply in current J, new J, old F, etc.

All that said, I'm most definitely of the opinion that 772 will lose it's F cabin as the new J seats go in. Anyone buying an AA business ticket who'd like to upgrade with their SWUs or miles will most certainly see it as a "loss" as will those who get to fly in paid F but need to fly AA.

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Interesting tidbit there at the end.

10. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, the rest of the post was camouflage :)

DestinationDavid likes this.