RTW trip with points

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by sharris503, Jun 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Granted I did not look for too long but can someone point me in the right direction for an explanation on how to redeem avois for OW global explorer pass or similar product. Specifically I would like to know point costs and rules. Thanks.

2. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The RTW products mentioned on the Oneworld website (Global Explorer, Oneworld Explorer etc.) are revenue products only, i.e. not available using mileage redemption. The rules and routing restrictions you'll see with those tickets DO NOT APPLY to trips arranged using miles/Avios or other redemptions.

To put together a round-the-world itinerary using Avios (I assume BA Avios and not Iberia?) you need to go to the BA website and look at their multi-destination award scheme offerings. For example, here's a table of Avios charges according to mileage tiers when multiple Oneworld partners are used on BA redemptions. http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ba6.jsp/multi-carrier-avios-costs/public/en_us

Good luck!

sharris503 likes this.
  3. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perfect thanks.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would also look at the costs of point-to-point redemptions versus the multi-carrier trip option. Avios pricing can be wonky and going the multi-carrier route could be quite a bit more price, depending on the routing.

If you want another tool for pricing awards based on O/D city pairs I've put this Avios Award Calculator together.