Pending RSS feed working well

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by DisneyDude, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DisneyDude
    Original Member

DisneyDude Active Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see that the RSS feed now shows the posting texts, instead of the "View article...." message. Now the forum is viable.

Thanks

2. DisneyDude
    Original Member

DisneyDude Active Member

Status Points:
    Actually, got my lines crossed, and wwas looking at the result AFTER clicking the link. So we still have the same, very irritating problem

3. Morgan
    Original Member

Morgan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I second this... it is going to be difficult to switch from FT without full-text RSS. Having to click through to see the thread on the site is a non-starter IMHO.

4. yosithezet
    Original Member

yosithezet Silver Member

Status Points:
    How are you even finding an RSS feed?

5. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion, this is a change that we will be making as soon as we possibly can. As of now, I don't have a way to do this, but we are keeping an eye out for how we can do this. Thanks.

GreatTypo likes this.
  6. whitedoor
    Original Member

whitedoor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any way to get some of the forums via rss into google reader ?

7. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    This can be done now without a problem whitedoor. The links to the RSS feeds are to the right of the names of the forums on the on the forum listings, the link is the standard RSS icon. Note that you will only see this link on actual forums, not within categories that don't allow posts directly within them.

8. "it is going to be difficult to switch from FT without full-text RSS. Having to click through to see the thread on the site is a non-starter IMHO."

Absolutely.

9. DisneyDude
    Original Member

DisneyDude Active Member

Status Points:
    Still hoping to ee a switch to full/summary text RSS, anything more than "View article...."

HAving to click htrough each time getting old fast. Also, no sense in adding to Pulse on my smartphone, like I did for "that other forum".

10. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I add some strong encouragement to put content into their RSS Feeds ... I like to browse through the hundred of feeds that come in each day when travelling (with no connectivity), but a thread title with no content doesn't tell me if I want to look into it when I get a connection back or not. The usefulness of the current approach is questionable at best.

11. GreatTypo
    Original Member

GreatTypo Active Member

Status Points:
    Please.. this is totally messing with my flow! :)

12. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    After 6 months, the situation is still the same. I would really like to see the first post in the RSS summary. Having a switch for showing last post instead of first post would be even better.